Friday 22 June 2012

What Level of Sales Rep are You.

Running with you the Sales Rep.

Guy- what do you mean by the above, read on, enjoy.
Firstly let me make a comment, in my view every one needs to know how to sell,(not just take the order) simple we are 99% of the time in a sales situation, in a face to face situation.

I believe so much in the above, that I sent my son on a day sales training course while he was in his last year of high school, good move or not, he started to sell to me after that, I had to on my game to over come his objections!!

Anyway I see reps in Three phases of development-

   New to the game of selling, so they have Basic sales skills, which include product knowledge,
   presentation skills, prospecting skills, telephone skills, focus on relationships, etc

  You see on many business cards Relationship Manager( another word for sales person) this is the
   next level,focus on relationships,better planning through the sales process, improving personal
   management skills,improved sales skills, broader market/ competitor information gathering.etc

  Consultative/Strategic sales person, looks at long term planning with the client, share of the clients
  business,develops and maintains wide multi level relationships in the clients business, partnership
  is formed with the client, helping them sell more.

The above refers to b2b, and is not a full breakdown, but you get the picture.

Till next time, go sell your way to Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment