Thursday 14 June 2012

Has the sales game changed in 30 years ?

Running with you the sales rep.

Given that this is my first sales blog, I thought it a good idea to start with my first sales course I went on in 1980, when I was a rep in Rhodesia.

The course was run by the Alfred Tack organisation, being my first exposure to sales training I was all ears, and yes I learnt so much.

Heres some of the stuff I learnt see if it is still applicable today 2012!

Buying motives fall into two categories,
    Rational and emotional.

You know the differents, so know need to go into depth, but the trick is to focus more on the Emotioanl aspects, it is a key to sales success.

Doing a client needs analysis, want vs needs.

This is still used today.

Features and Benifits statement

This is still used today.

So as I see it three key areas that are still critical today, unless you see otherwise, so please feel free to comment,  this blog needs to be a two way deal

Two years later(1982) I was a rep in Benoni and guess who came through the door, yes, the sales trainer from the Alfred tack course I went on, and yes I had to sell to him, wanted car finance, and yes I Closed the sale.

So till next time, go sell your way to success.
                                                                             
Guy Daines
www.scotrho.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment