Wednesday 15 August 2012

Your/Sales Managers Observation Techniques


Running with you the Sales Rep,

Observation techniques are used in market/ marketing research, but to me it is a vital skill
needed by sales reps.

The critical focus point is on your clients behaviour do you really study their behaviour, the way
they communicate, their style etc. I will come back to this further in the post.

Do you know how your sales manager goes about observing you! ( I hope you do)

Back in the day, the 1980's I had a Branch Manager, who did alot of " management by walking around" he also spent time observing us at our Friday evening team get together at the branch pub.
He would sit at the corner of the bar with a scotch and puff away, watching the different dynamics.
We called him JR( from the TV series Dallas) I made a point of observing JR, interesting stuff, I had been selling for 4years.I learnt many things at those Friday "meetings"

Ok back to you guys, when observing, factor in,
-The setting you are in, is it a natural or contrived setting,
-Is it in your office or your clients, does this make a big difference?
-Is it at a social function with your client, a game of golf, lunch, etc
So I hope I have given you something new to think about( do you do it subconsciously)

Till next time Go sell your way to Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment